The White Horse is located in the pretty Rutland village of Empingham on the A606, halfway between the market towns of Stamford and Oakham. There is easy access from the A1 and Peterborough Railway station is just 15 minutes away.
The White Horse has a large car park to accommodate guests and the natural beauty of Rutland Water is just a 10 minute walk away.
There are numerous local attractions to visit, including:
- Rutland Water is famed for its water sports – so why not try your hand at sailing, windsurfing, kayaking or trout fishing. Or if you prefer ‘terra firma,’ hire a bike and discover Rutland’s hidden delights on two wheels.
- Rutland Water Nature Reserve covers 1000 acres and houses 31 bird watching hides and nature trails. The Rutland Osprey Project was launched in 2001 which celebrated the first Osprey chick to fledge in Central England for 150 years. Close by is also the Rutland Falconry and Owl Centre.
- Burghley House in Stamford is regarded as the finest Elizabethan House in England. Other local Stately Homes include: Rockingham Castle, Belvoir Castle, Belton House, Boughton House and Grimsthorpe Castle.
- Barnsdale Gardens, are situated just ten minutes from Empingham, showcasing 38 miniature gardens in 8 acres of land.
- There are a plethora of local golf courses to choose from: Greetham Valley, Burghley Park Golf Club, Rutland County Golf Course, Luffenham Heath Golf Course and Rutland Water Golf Course.
- There is Horse riding available at Somerby Equestrian Centre.